To whom:For sales teams and professionals who requires skills, guidelines and tips to improve the effectiveness of daily sales negotiations.
Sellers and sales managers spend a lot of time on yesterday, such as the results and today's market situation. But looking at the results doesn't improve them. The discussion of the situation does not alter this. How to improve tomorrow for sales teams?
Determined people say, let's plan activities and act: let's send email, call, let's go on visits. However, the experienced leader knows that determination alone is not enough. After an awkward call or a clumsy visit, the client may be farther away from the purchase than before the failed activity.
This finding leads to more nuanced issues:
- How to lead a conversation?
- How to know client’s needs?
- How to show the value of product?
- What is and is not advantages?
- How do I direct a customer to an agreement or find out the objections?
- How to defend product’s price?
- How much is the discount cost and what to use instead of the discount?
- What needs to be done to turn a hopeful opportunity into a tangible deal?
About this in seminar Effective Deal Management by Kārlis Apkalns.
Sellers' improved ability to convert sales opportunities to conversions through:
- An accurate understanding of the structure of the sales conversation;
- Look at sellers' most common errors and solutions to correct them;
- Acquired essential skills for each phase of the sales conversation;
- Handouts that are handy for repeating and maintaining skills.
- More than 10-year experience as business skills coach and consultant.
- Hold academic practice in Latvia’s TOP business universities.
- Has marketing and strategic marketing experience.
- Has trained 350+ groups, 25+ topics, and 100+ original seminars.
- Worked with infogr.am, SAF Tehnika, Siemens, Exigen, VISMA, LMT, Tele2, Lattelecom, BTA, Balta, Ergo, Seesam, Citadele, Nordea, Reaton, Pfizer, Mylan, Olainfarm, Toyota, Peugeot, Ramirent, Wurth, Baltic Data, Rolling!, Hanzas Maiznīca, 3M, etc.
8 academic hours
Introduction – What is selling?
Stage Explore - What are the customer's needs?
“Selling” colleague by using Value formula.
8 academic hours
Homework (Free product) presentation with video
Free product Value lifting
Personal development plan